At MySoil® we do not produce or manufacture fertilizer products, but rather connect DIY’ers to vetted products developed by vendors specifically for the DIY market.
(SOP) Sulfate of Potash 0-0-48 is a potassium supplement specifically designed to be spread on lawns or gardens. This should be used for lawns and gardens needing higher amounts of potassium to bring soil potassium levels up. It is in a unique slow-release form, meaning the potassium will release slowly over-time to match plant demands without loss.
- One 24 lb bag covers up to 12,000 sq ft
- Analysis is 0-0-48 : N-P-K
- Great for lawns and gardens that are deficient in potassium
If you have a soil test that shows you are deficient in potassium (K) this is the perfect product to move you in the right direction. It is not designed to totally change the color of the lawn, but the results from increased, drought tolerance, disease pressure, and traffic/wear tolerance will be noticeable.
Sulfate of Potash (SOP) is a naturally occurring mineral that aids in overall plant vigor, disease resistance, and stress recovery. This 0-0-48 Sulfate of Potash provides potassium in a low salt formulation, making it "easier" on soils than other potassium minerals. This is a slow-release product due to being polymer coated which also cuts down on the dust that you may find with other products like this. This coating also adds an element of controlled release to the product. If you have looked at other Sulfate of Potash products online, you will find they are very dusty and many times are not prilled for easy applications.
If you are looking to correct a severe deficiency, you do not have to correct this all-in-one month. Here are some steps we recommend:
- Apply SOP every two to three weeks
- Retest after the 2nd or 3rd application (wait 45 days after the last application before you retest)
- If you still have a deficiency, apply more SOP 0-0-48 the following season
You can apply this on both cool-season and warm-season lawns as well as gardens any time of year as long as the ground is not frozen.
Sulfate of Potash can be used in gardens and on all grass types, such as the following:
Cool Season Lawns - Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue (all fescues), Ryegrass
Warm Season Lawns - Bermuda, St Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia
A 24 lb bag covers 12,000 square feet
Apply at 2-3 lbs per 1,000 square feet of lawn or garden area
Apply to a dry lawn, and water into turf within the first 48 hours with 1/4" of rainfall or irrigation
- Label: Sulphate of Potash PDF Label
- Spreader Settings: Granular Fertilizer Spreader Settings
- Package Includes: 1 - 25 lb. bag
- Storage: Store in dry conditions away from moisture. Can be stored for up to 2 years.
Included for most states within the U.S.
Alaska (AK), and Hawaii (HI)
Yes, free stickers with this item
Typical Delivery Time
4 - 7 business days
|Cancel | Return | Exchange||
All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.